This week I created my walks using the OS Map. It was hard to find footpaths which had a car park near. One walk didn't have a car park and I thought that I could just park on the side of the road, after some research I realised that this was not possible and I will now have to find another walk to complete.
I carried out 2 walks this week. The first was a journey down the River Soar for 6 Miles, I found it quite interesting and decided I shall do the walk again so I can count the bridges I passed on this journey. The journey back was along an old railway line. It was straight and man made, the walk was boring!! Also, the loan of my sound recorder limited the time taken on the walk meaning I couldn't do any drawings. I only collected one mud sample, sound recording, photographs and a list of words and phrases.
I came to the conclusion that this would be the limit of what I would collect on each of my journeys as I felt that if I did too much, it would ruin the whole concept of my project.
Walk 1- The Highlighted path shows the direction and path I walked.
Walk 2 involved me driving 30 mins out of Leicester to a Common and Woodland area. The walk was extremely muddy and only took me 2 hours to complete, in contrast to the 4 hours of the 1st walk. It took me through a massive field and 2 woodland areas. I decided to note down the suns position at random points of my walk ( including travelling back ), this may turn into a sculpture at the development stage of my project.
Walk 2 - The Highlighted path shows the general path I walked.
Next week I shall do several more walks and collect material from each one. I still need to find another walk to replace the one I couldn't park at. Then after the walks I shall find the similarities and key points to each journey and decide what to do with the materials collected.
No comments:
Post a Comment