Friday, 20 December 2013

Stephanie Tuckwell

Tuckwell focuses on painting, mainly in simple mono- chromatic colours. Her work is full of expression with great movement. I love the tones of colour created by water colour and the shapes which can be seen in the paintings.
I felt that rather than typing out from her website, I would just put the link as the website itself is very effective.
This is about Stephanie Tuckwell:
http://www.stephanietuckwell.com/about - She has an inspiration for nature and experiments with how she can capture movement within nature using painting and drawing.

These are some of her paintings which I feel I can relate to as my early 'Paint Splats' are similar in shape and composition. I have used more colour than her but she has increased the size of her works.
http://www.stephanietuckwell.com/aber-series-2-paintings

Aber Series 2 No 15 
Watercolour, ink and charcoal
52x58 cm



No comments:

Post a Comment