Friday, 4 April 2014

Week 12 (Final Week)- Main Project

This week mainly consisted of tying up loose ends.
I varnished my large painting using matt and gloss varnish, it has added a greater depth to the piece plus it looks professional now and it will help stop the painting from getting damaged when we clear the studio.

The 2 filler pieces have been partially varnished, I wanted to experiment with only glass varnishing certain strokes of filler and it changed the colour, I like the surface it has created and the painting almost looks wet!

I wanted to finish off my printing development and did a few Dry Point prints on black paper with white ink. Inspired by Carroll Dunham, they looks good! It is a shame that I didn't cut the plates perfectly as this effects the print.

To end the week, I look some professional photos of my work to go on my portfolio. Here are a few images.










Conclusion, Improvements and Developments of project:
I believe this project has been interesting.
This is because I have never worked on the scale I have this year! I enjoyed focusing more on the handling of the medium rather than worrying about the subject and found that I enjoy creating paintings that deal more with colour than anything else. The challenge for me this year is using more medium and creating layers, this is because I have had to learn to come to terms with spending more money on paint and canvases!! I believe it has been worth it and I have loved creating messy and vibrant paintings.
If I could improve what I have done, I would of created more filler pieces and maybe been braver with the layering of the paint! Time was an issue and I didn't want to overwork myself as I knew that I wouldn't enjoy creating the pieces as much. To improve my work contextually, I would have explored Abstract Expressionism in greater detail but I realised that artists haven't been a massive impact to me with this project.

If I could develop my project more, I would have wanted to produce paintings from my drawings, inspired by my Dry Point prints. They would be on a large scale and I would of tried to incorporate filler and sawdust into the paintings. I might develop this project into my 2nd year but I am unsure!

No comments:

Post a Comment