Friday, 21 March 2014

Week 10- Drawing Project

This week, I was made aware that I may not have the room I intend to use for my installation. I had measured and marked the ceilings of the room to suit my work. Therefore, I had to think of a solution which would enable my Sun Sculpture, in particular, to be easy to transfer without the measurements being changed, as that is a key part of the piece. I came up with the idea of creating a metal hoop which was the same circumference of the sculpture piece, then marking it with the positions of each ball, and using it as a guide when putting it up for my assessment. I did make the hoop and I am going to test the idea out on Wednesday next week. I am going to see if I could hang the balls from the hoop and if this will effect the sculptures appearance (if I need to paint the hoop or remove it and hang the balls via staples again).
Also, I have decided to cut the pieces shown in the installation down. This is so it is easier to set up and the installation isn't crowded. I have decided to keep the text on the walls, as it still takes the spectator around the room ( a wall a walk), I am also presenting the Sun Sculpture and re naming it ' Pestering Sun' as I think this piece is effective. And finally I am presenting the mud shelf, as I think presenting a physical part of the walk is key. I am also thinking about exhibiting a book with all the selected photos in. This shall be is certain compositions.
All this shall be confirmed when I have a tutorial next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment